I am two weeks away from my goal race of the Her Half Marathon on June 26. The last 3 weeks, I have been doing double digits for my Saturday long training runs. I am still in awe of myself for hitting these HUGE milestone!
As I look back on this journey here are some things I have learned.
- To help make your goal a reality, you must vocalize it. By telling people about your goal, it helps keep you accountable.
- I have some pretty incredible friends and family who have been amazing in giving me the encouragement I needed and words of support along the way to keep going.
- Doesn’t matter how fast or slow you are, the point is you are doing it. Your butt is off the couch, you are being physically active to better your health and creating life long healthy habits.
- Learn to love the body you are given. Did I drop 50lbs from running? No, in actuality the number on the scale barely moved, but I am ok with that. I feel stronger, my body is allowing me to do something I never thought possible, and for that no matter the shape or size of it, I have learned to love who I am inside and outside.
- Running is more mental than physical. If you get in your own head with negative thoughts, all those aches and pains you are experiencing will take over. Strong mind, strong body.
I started this journey on January 9th and it is hard to believe I am two weeks away from making it a reality. I am so grateful for my fellow Foundation Training run members and Coach Flo for helping me get this far. I have put in the work, and next week is our taper week to absorb everything we have done so far and gear up for race day. I look forward to towing the line on June 26 and run, walk or crawl…. I will make it across that finish line!